Miss Grand International Public Company Limited (MGI PCL), the license holder of the Miss Universe Thailand franchise and the host organization of the 74th Miss Universe, has canceled the “Top 10 Special Dinner & Talk Show with Queen Victoria and Mr. Nawat” event.
Miss Universe Thailand announced on Thursday the cancellation of the dinner and talk show following the Miss Universe Organization’s (MUO) previous statement regarding the event.
“[Our] sponsors have expressed concerns, discomfort, and pressure that have led them to suspend their support for this particular event. Consequently, we are unable to proceed with the activity as planned,” the statement read.
The organization also apologized to pageant fans and supporters for the inconvenience the cancellation may cause.
“[We] truly appreciate your continued enthusiasm and commitment in voting for and supporting your representative,” it said.
“We remain fully committed to providing the best care, management, and media updates for all delegates participating in The 74th Miss Universe.”
Meanwhile, on his Instagram Stories, Miss Universe Thailand National Director Nawat Itsaragrisil, thanked brand sponsors for their support and understanding, noting that some sponsors had to cancel.
“Some brand sponsors have to cancel because of fear of the first universal announcement about legal action. Sorry again for not taking good care of sponsors,” he said in Thai as translated into English.
Nawat also reposted Miss Universe Thailand’s statement on the cancellation of the “Special Dinner & Talk Show.”
The Miss Universe Organization previously slammed online posts promoting the event, saying it was “not authortized.”
Per MUO, “such initiatives do not represent the values, operations, or official activities of the Miss Universe Organization.”
The event campaign had encouraged netizens to vote for Miss Universe candidates through Facebook and Instagram likes and shares.
Miss Universe Thailand then defended the campaign, saying, “as the officially licensed Host Organization, we hold the rights to manage and execute such promotional activities within our territory.”
The Miss Universe pageant has been bogged down by several issues in the last few days. On Wednesday, the MUO restricted the participation of Nawat in the pageant.
In a video statement, MUO president Raul Rocha expressed his “great indignation toward Nawat for the public aggression he committed against Fatima Bosch,” the candidate from Mexico, “whom he humiliated, insulted, and he showed a lack of respect.”
Rocha said Nawat did “serious abuse of having called security to intimidate a defenseless woman.”
Nawat has apologized for the incident.
Ahtisa Manalo arrived in Thailand on Sunday for the Miss Universe 2025 competition. She is vying for the country’s fifth Miss Universe crown.
The coronation night will be held on November 21
—Nika Roque/CDC, GMA Integrated News
